Thursday, August 2, 2012

just a tribute: to weddings

I felt like this was an appropriate topic considering my older sister gets married in a little over a week (insert excited scream here)! I am now going to turn that excited scream into a nervous laughter. Why you ask? Because I have to give a Maid of Honor Speech and I may or may not have written it yet. Did I also mention I HATE public speaking? Also, as a person who tends to cry when they are overly happy about something, I am afraid I am going to be one of those Maid of Honors who sobs through their entire toast. I keep telling myself to calm the nerves because this day isn't about whether or not I make a great toast, it's about Katie and Andy starting a life together as a married couple. 

But enough about me (even though this is MY blog), more about the soon to be married couple! I could not be more happy for my sister, she has finally found someone who completes her, who makes her a better person, and who knows that she is ALWAYS right. I am also so excited to gain a new brother, Andy is one of the most patient and understanding people I know, not to mention he also laughs at my jokes (he must have a great sense of humor).
.....wait a second did I just start writing my toast?



Let the countdown until the big day commence!

3 thoughts:

Katherine Kelliher said...

I think I have the best sisters in the whole wide world! I am sure that you will have a great speech!!! Since you have such a great sense of humor I know that everyone will absolutly love it! I can’t wait; I am so happy and so thankful to have such supportive family and friends in my life! I love you so much Megan!
P.S. This tribute made me tear up:)

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Congratulations to your sister! That is so fun! I bet your speech will be amazing!

henning love said...

oh yah that maid of honor speech, you will do great!! just remember to smile and speak from the heart :-) enjoy your sister's wedding and those engagement photos are darling