Wednesday, January 18, 2012

just a tribute: to nashville

Because I was so busy over the past few months I haven't had the opportunity to share any of my recent travels with you! First up on my list..... Nashville!

When my good friend Regina moved out to Nashville there was no question in my mind that I would be taking a girls trip out there to visit her! Luckily for me, Chelsea and Savino had the same idea as me.

The trip started out a little rough when our flight was delayed, making it so we wouldn't arrive into Nashville until about 1:00AM. Thankfully for Savino's dad and his frequent travel miles, he was able to book us a room free of charge (what a gentleman)! The next morning (While Savino was sleeping), Chelsea and I got up to meet Regina and take her to work for the day so we could use her car to go explore the "Music City"! First stop was the famous Pancake Pantry, where we enjoyed an amazing breakfast (but unfortunately didn't spot any celebs)!

Next stop on the list was The Country Music Hall of Fame! I have to admit I enjoy my country music, but I am definitely not as big as an enthusiast as Chelsea and Kristen who were in heaven at this spot! Upon arriving to the museum Chelsea HAD to get a picture with the sign, can you even spot her?



The rest of the day was also a huge success, we managed to all get a nice pair of authentic cowboy boots (which by the way might be the most comfortable pair of shoes I own) and have a nice dinner out. We ended the evening drinking wine and watching quality movies such as Step Up 3. The biggest surprise of the night was the I was the last one up. Anyone who knows me, knows that I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Therefore I considered this night a personal victory :)

The next day was also one for the books! We had a delicious brunch, cooked by Clay, rounded out with delicious mimosas. Then went to Franklin, a small town right outside of Nashville that has amazing boutiques and restaurants. After a delicious oyster meal we went to our hotel in downtown Nashville to get ready for a night of debacle!

Let me just say that Nashville definitely held up to all my expectations and then some! If any of you have not had the chance to go, I would definitely recommend it!

0 thoughts: