Thursday, October 13, 2011

just a tribute: to fall

Out of all the seasons I would have to say I think fall is my favorite. I love going outside and being comfortable in jeans and a sweat shirt. I love the color of the leaves changing. All the reds, oranges, and yellows make me feel so warm, which is appropriate because I feel like my body temperature is usually on the warm side making me a human heat-pad.  I also love the smell of fall air. Yes, fall has its own scent and if I could I would manufacture a bottle of it and wear it...then I would bottle-up some Home Depot Cologne for John because that is his favorite scent (I'm so thoughtful).

Another reason I love fall is because you can just about get pumpkin anything available to you. My favorite pumpkin things are:
  • Pumpkin pie- I could eat this for dessert every night and never get sick of the delicious flavor it has to offer.
  • Pumpkin scented candles- I have an obsession for candles already because as mentioned above, they give off warmth, and they also give the perfect amount of light. Just add the pumpkin scent to the mix and I am in heaven.
  • Pumpkin Lasagna- I made this delightful dish for the first time last year (with the help of my amazing sous chef, John) and it did not disappoint.
  • Pumpkin cream cheese- I actually have this in my fridge right now, and plan on making a loaf of pumpkin bread to go with it. I'm pretty sure it will turn out to be one of the best combinations of all time.
  • Pumpkin pancakes- Im actually not a huge pancake person, and I also have never had pumpkin pancakes. But if I did, I imagine I'd like it....a lot.
  • Pumpkin beer- I was pretty much saving the best for last. Who wouldnt like pumpkin flavor in liquid form. On the first day of fall I went down to Harris Teeter just to pick up a pack of pumpkin beers and they didn't have any. Needless to say I was not a happy camper, and lucky for John he got to hear me constantly complain about it. However, they (Harris Teeter) finally got some sense knocked into them and I now have a six pack of Sam Adams pumpkin ale waiting for me in my fridge.
As a conclusion to this pumpkin rant I would just like to say that all of the about items are so amazing that there is a chance they will all eventually get their own tributes.

Finally, what I love about fall, is my birthday lies in this remarkable season. Thank you Mom and Dad!

0 thoughts: