Wednesday, October 26, 2011

just a tribute: to my birthday

What a whirlwind birthday I had this year! I feel very blessed to have spent it with almost all my close friends and family.

For some reason my birthday celebration always ends up being a few days long (not that I'm complaining). Therefore I have decided to write a blog post for each day I celebrated (three days)!

Birthday Extravaganza Day 1:

My day started with a strange family tradition that I have done my entire life. Us Kellihers wake each other up and butter the birthday individuals nose. Come to think of it, Ive never received a concrete reason why my family does this, but it wouldn't feel like a birthday without it. Later on that day John treated me to a birthday lunch at Seasons 52. If you've never been there the food is amazing and I highly recommend it.

After work I drove home and opened the door to a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, a delicious bottle of wine, and a present the size of a jewelry box, all from John-Pants :)


After opening my present from John, the two of us hopped in the car and were off to my mom's house to celebrate with my 4 siblings, Andy, and Katie O! We grilled chicken kabobs and veggies, had a delicious funfetti cake, and then opened up more presents :)


Shannon was playing with my new iPhone 4s that I bought as a birthday present for myself :)


My best friends.


Out of 24 years of birthdays, this was the first year Katie O got to bring my cake to me!


Nine candles are harder then you think!

 All in all, day one was absolutely amazing and I could not have asked for anything more.


0 thoughts: