Wednesday, October 19, 2011

just a tribute: to great danes

If you want to know something about me, you should know that I love dogs, specifically Great Danes. For me, the bigger the dog, the cuter it is. As soon as I get a house with a yard, a Great Dane is going to be the first thing I purchase (maybe even 2...but I'm still working on approving this with john)

I recently had two Great Dane encounters that just validated my love for them even more so then before. The first was at a bridal shower for my girlfriend Karie. I met a female Great Dane that was according to the owner, technically "small" for the breed weighing in at 115 pounds! I made my friend take a mini photo shoot of me with the dog. Then I put her in my car and drove away....not really, but I wanted to.

My second encounter was at Clifton Day where I met a 150 pound male Great Dane. He had to have been one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met. I crossed paths with him a few times and each time one of my friends had to snap me back into reality. I was so upset when John finally arrived and I couldn't find the dog anywhere to show him! I am also regretting not taking a picture with him. However I will post pictures of other Great Danes that I have found online :)
 A dog can never be too big !

My favorite are the tan Great Danes with the black faces and I love floppy ears (ears that are not cropped). But, no matter what color Great Dane I get, I will love it just the same!

 My dog won't be allowed on furniture, but this picture was too cute to pass up!

My. Heart. Just. Melted.

If anyone reading this knows of any Great Danes needing rescue, let me know! Until then I am checking daily at all the local rescue shelters!

7 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I think Great Danes are gorgeous. I have an Italian Mastiff and a Rottweiler and i can wait until the time comes when my partner will let me have a Great Dane too. Also like yourself i will not allow my dogs on the furniture, but that picture is now my screen saver as it makes me smile every time. Thank you for the web page, Chantel.

Anonymous said...

I love great danes. I would love to get a couple too. but right now my husband is convinced my st bernard and lab mix are enough dogs =[[. But if I were to see one in need I would get it. I love any type of mastiff.

kirstin said...

I have 2 Danes; a harlequin female and a mantle male. They WILL be on your furniture and likely your lap. They also will be a smile when you feel sad and your shadow wherever you go. I've had many dogs and other breeds, none have been as consistently amusing or devoted as the 2 Danes.

Unknown said...

check out my page with our wonderful puppies - http://www.savannahsweden.se/

danestar said...

I have 2 great danes. Have had 4 so far. Be careful. You will end up with GDS. We all catch it. ( MULTIPLE DANE SYNDROME) Lol

danestar said...

MDS*

danestar said...

Definitely the truth. Once you've owned a dane, you'll never want another breed