Monday, October 17, 2011

just a tribute: to reality tv

Laugh all you want, but watching reality TV is a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't know about you guys but watching the people on reality shows, like the Real Housewives, is truly a self esteem boost.  In an odd way, seeing all these people with all these ridiculous problems helps me to appreciate what I have and who I am surrounded by. I've also discovered that "Mo money equals mo problems", but don't quote me on that in about 10 years when I will actually have some money saved up.

My second favorite type of reality shows are talent reality shows. Currently I enjoy watching the X Factor. John laughs at me almost every single week because I cry almost every single episode. As embarrassing as this is, I have a habit of putting myself in that persons position or one of their family members position and I react how I would have felt if I or one of my family members accomplished what these people accomplish.  Why couldn't my Grumpy pass down his singing talent to me?

The last type of reality TV show I like to watch, and another tear jerker, are the heart felt make-a-world-a-better-place reality shows. The two I watch that fall into this category are Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Surprise Homecoming. I made the mistake of pulling up little clips of surprise homecomings on YouTube at work one time and I lost it. Luckily no one saw me, but I wont be doing that again anytime soon.

That's all I have for now on reality TV, plus The Biggest Loser is about to come on! Until next time.....

0 thoughts: