Friday, October 14, 2011

just a tribute: to jmu


It's so crazy to say that just a year and a half ago I was still going to class with my fellow Duke Dogs. The four years I spent at James Madison University have got to be the craziest years of my life so far. I had the opportunity to experience so many things and make so many friends! Quick shout out to my besties:
Ray Ray, The Business, Cab Sav, LBG, and Sus-Pants ....you know who you are! I definitely made some great memories with these ladies and so many more people, and I am proud to say I have no regrets!

I recently had the opportunity to stop by JMU on my way home from my good friend Karie's wedding and it was so surreal. In just a year and a half so many things had changed. The most obvious thing was of course the stadium. You can see how big and purple it is right from Interstate 81, it went from being a high school stadium to a university stadium! The second is the Center for the Arts, I haven't had the chance to go inside yet, but I have high expectations for it when I do! The third change I'm happy I didn't have to experience. They apparently don't let students drive through campus anymore during the week. I only have one thing to say about this....LAME! I think whoever decided this should try to walk across campus in a short amount of time. Although, they do allow buses to still drive through, I imagine if they were anything like they were when I was there, they are jam packed.



All in all, my trip was way too short and I am already planning trips back! Below are some pictures of my short trip back down memory lane....
 It's tradition to take pictures by the James Madison statue on the Quad (It's also tradition to streak the quad but I won't go there)



 Did I mention how cold it was?



 Giving Jimmy some love!



John would have made a great Duke dog! Don't worry while we were their I bought him some JMU apparel, and I also got myself a flashy alumni shirt!




Such good memories!

0 thoughts: