Friday, October 7, 2011

just a tribute: to las vegas

Recently I was sent to Las Vegas for work were my company was hosting a two day event at The Wynn.  Having only been at this new job for about 2 months, I was very excited to learn more about the company, meet more co-workers and get to know my boss better as well. I was also excited about a little vacation time at the end of the week. My schedule was as follows: arrive Monday and unpack, unpack more and start setting up conference rooms on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were the actual days of the event, John arrives Thursday night, John and I explore Sin City on Friday and Saturday, and Sunday it was finally time to get home!

Day 1:
Monday was an early morning, I had an 8:30 AM flight which means I was up at 5:30 to finish packing (cause I obviously procrastinated), and off to the airport by 6:15 to make it on time. Quick shout out to my beautiful mother who got up to take me to the airport! It was just my boss and I flying out on Monday and luckily we were on the same flight. When we finally arrived in Vegas, there was a limo waiting for us to take us to the hotel, it was at that moment I decided I never want to travel to Vegas unless it's with work. I then received more royal treatment when I was greeted by this beautiful chocolate tray waiting for me in my hotel room (on the 39th floor):
the tray
the view
The rest of the day was spent working until my boss and I went out to dinner at this delicious restaurant named Okada, where we wined and dined on delicious sushi :) I was asleep in bed by 8:30 PM.

Day 2:
I woke up ready for the day at 5:30AM (that 3 hour time difference is a killer). Unfortunately, Tuesday wasn't as exciting of a day. We spent the whole day unpacking, organizing, and doing last minute changes to the event. However, after my first full day of Las Vegas meals, the food still had yet to disappoint!

Day 3:
Wednesday was the first day of our event and I spent most of the morning managing the registration desk, and telling people what to do (I bet if you ask any of my siblings they would tell you that's something I'm very good at). All in all it was a very successful first day, followed by an amazing kick-off event hosted at Surrender night club. It wasn't until this night that I realized people in the Interactive Markets industry really like to drink! But none the less I left the party way before it was over because I had another early morning:)

Day 4:
Thursday was the last day of the event, but more importantly it was John's arrival day :) After the day of conferences I was able to get everything packed up and ready to be shipped in time for our cocktail closing event which my boss graciously invited John to. We then joined some of my coworkers on a client dinner, it was some of the best food and wine I have ever had....and I don't even want to see what the final bill was.

Day 5:
After a wonderful night of sleep and getting the chance to sleep-in, I was SOOO ready to get off the Wynn property and explore the strip. However, our first stop was at Walgreen's where we purchased a gallon of water (the dry heat and altitude were brutal) because the 120z bottles of Dasani were disgustingly priced at $8.00. After walking up and down the strip in the daytime for a few hours, I can honestly say that Las Vegas is extremely sketchy and dirty.....I was not impressed. After we completed our tourist duties we visited Chipotle for lunch and then got ready for a delicious dinner and show. I was lucky enough to score two free ticks to see La Reve, the water acrobatic show playing at the Wynn:


Day 6:
The best part about Day 6 was getting the chance to walk the strip at night! When the strip is all lit up it looks extremely glamorous. It was one hundred times better then walking it during the day time. My favorite part of Saturday and maybe of the whole trip (besides every meal), was watching the Bellagio fountains! They were absolutely magical and I was completely swept away...every 15 minutes because thats how frequently it played.











Don't expect all blogs to be this long!

0 thoughts: