Monday, October 31, 2011

just a tribute: to my birthday 2.0

Birthday Extravaganza Day 2:

Day 2 started out by me waking up at 8:30 in the morning to an obnoxious jack hammer right outside my window. Needless to say, I was not pleased. However, I took it as an opportunity to get up, make a delicious egg breakfast and catch up on my reading :) Around noon John and I went over to visit my dad and his girlfriend Ally. First we sat in front of the fire and had some tea and cookies and I got to open their gifts...a gorgeous designer handbag and shoes!!


Afterwords, we took off to bike ride the C &O canal into Georgetown. We parked about 6 miles outside of the city and biked in where we then enjoyed some lunch and cocktails :) It was such a gorgeous day and I am so happy to have spent it with such special people. Here are some photographs of my special Saturday:


This picture was taken when we finished biking into Georgetown and walked around the waterfront.


How handsome is he?


Nothing like sugary cocktails to counteract all the healthy bike riding :)


I can never have too many pictures with him :)


Papa Dukes!


My boys!



What a gorgeous day!


I love Georgetown.


Beautiful sunset.


Saturday night John and I had plan of going out for a romantic birthday dinner, just the two of us. However, when we got home from biking at around 7:30 we were absolutely exhausted and we both fell asleep until about 8:45 when our romantic evening turned into sweats and Chinese take-out....I could not have been happier!

Stay tuned for my 24th Birthday Extravaganza Day 3...the final day!

0 thoughts: